Established Washington Personal Injury Law Firm
Where Wrongs Are Made Right
Founded in 1959 by William J. Rush, the law firm of Rush, Hannula, Harkins & Kyler, L.L.P., is one of the most respected firms in Pierce County, in the Puget Sound region, and throughout Washington State. With eight experienced attorneys, the firm is small enough to serve clients with close personal attention, but large enough to access all of the critical resources needed to manage significant and complex cases.
Local and Accessible
Bill Rush began his career as a general practice attorney in sole practice on St. Helen’s Avenue in Tacoma, before founding the firm known today as Rush, Hannula, Harkins & Kyler, L.L.P. After many years in downtown Tacoma, in 2003 our firm moved to our current location on South 19th Street just off of Highway 16. Our office is centrally located and provides an abundance of free parking and easy access for our clients.
Talented Trial Lawyers
Our firm has a history of excellence in successfully resolving claims for our clients. Our attorneys are often associated by counsel outside and within Washington because of our reputation for competence, service, and the excellent results we have obtained for our clients.
In addition to Bill Rush and Dan Hannula, Vern Harkins and Dan Kyler are members of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). ABOTA is an invitation-only national organization of both plaintiff and defense lawyers dedicated to the improvement of the civil justice system. To be eligible for ABOTA membership, a lawyer must have tried over 20 jury cases to verdict. Only a very small percentage of trial lawyers are invited to join this elite organization. For several years, these attorneys have been selected as “Super Lawyers” by Washington Law and Politics, a publication that recognizes the top 5% of lawyers in Washington State. Mike Fisher and Molly Crowley have been selected by their peers as “Rising Stars” by that same publication.
Recognized for Excellence
Our attorneys are recognized by their peers for excellence as trial lawyers. Both Bill Rush and Dan Hannula are members of the American College of Trial Lawyers. The ACTL is an organization composed of the best trial lawyers in the United States and Canada. Fellowship in the ACTL is only extended to those trial lawyers who have demonstrated exceptional skill as advocates and whose professional careers have been marked by the highest standards of ethical conduct, professionalism and civility. Some of our attorneys have been consistently received an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available for legal ability and ethical standards.
Areas of Practice
Our attorneys practice civil litigation with a concentration in all areas of personal injury, including the following:
- Medical malpractice. When medical malpractice causes a serious injury, we diligently advocate to help clients obtain just compensation for pain and suffering. This includes the full costs of all related expenses, such as medical expenses, lost time from work, and personal and family care expenses.
- Vehicle accidents. Any accidents involving motor vehicles can cause serious injuries, and proving liability can be challenging in complex circumstances. When needed, we enlist the help of investigative specialists to thoroughly investigate and ensure we develop the most effective case possible for our clients.
- Worksite / construction accidents. The construction industry is the largest industry in the U.S., but it is often risky. Common belief is that workers compensation is the only avenue of compensation after an injury, but this is not always the case. Our experienced lawyers identify responsible third parties and take action to help ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Wrongful terminations. In Washington has at will employment. While Washington businesses do not need to give a warning or follow a specific process, workers may not be fired for making a safety, injury, workplace rights, or discrimination complaint. There are also federal laws that govern human rights and discrimination. Discrimination in the workplace can take many forms, such as sexual harassment, creating a hostile environment, and wrongful termination. Our employment lawyers help victim of discrimination or and people who lose their jobs due to discrimination, consult our experienced employment lawyers.
- Nursing home liability. Whether a loved one suffers from nursing home neglect or abuse in any facility, including retirement, convalescent, and assisted living facilities, we take immediate action to stop the abuse and pursue compensation for all injuries incurred.
- Dog bites / attacks. When a dog attack causes serious injury, you need our legal assistance promptly to secure evidence and witness testimony needed to prove liability. Our Washington dog bites law firm has recovered substantial damages for victims of dog bites.
We also provide skilled support for virtually any type of personal injury cases, including, uninsured motorist claims, premises liability, product liability, governmental liability, maritime claims, FELA claims, business litigation and insurance coverage issues.
Most of the cases we handle are on a contingency fee basis—we earn a fee only if our client wins. Our philosophy is to prepare a case to achieve the best possible outcome either by settlement or by trial when necessary. We thrive on variety, flexibility and creativity and we are successful in court because we understand our opponent’s case as well as our own.
Contact our Washington Personal Injury Law Firm
If you or a loved one suffered an injury as a result of the negligence of someone else, call the trial lawyers of Rush, Hannula, Harkins & Kyler, L.L.P., now at 866-454-RHHK (7445) or click here to submit a FREE case review. Our initial consultation is free of charge and we only get paid for our services if you receive monetary compensation.